Job Title: Senior Accountant
Salary Range: Depending On Experience
Status: Full Time
OVERVIEW: The Senior Accountant assists Controller in the development, direction, supervision and maintenance of the accounting systems, preparation of financial reports, financial planning, technical assistance, and financial analysis.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Review monthly and ad hoc financial reports and statements.
- Maintains fiscal controls and assures the propriety of and proper accounting for all financial transactions.
- Maintains budgetary controls so that resources are utilized only in accordance with policies and priorities provide by the Farm Board/Management and that Federal fiscal guidelines are properly observed.
- Draft new letters of Credit and facilitate all issues with new and existing letters of credit.
- Support financial statement and audits.
- At management’s discretion, directs and participates in studies intended to design improvements in fiscal controls and overall management.
- Advises and assists management on accounting and financial management matters.
- Plans and carries out assignments by applying accounting concepts to resolve management problems.
- Develops and maintains a recommendation where critical findings are presented to management for actions.
- Develops and maintains a complex automated accounting system to produce and track expenditures and all pertinent financial management matters.
- Maintains and assures administrative professionalism.
- Performs other duties as directed by Controller.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field; and two year (2) years of progressively responsible or diverse accounting experience involving financial policy analysis and information system.
- Thorough knowledge of modern fiscal management theory and practices.
- Experience in the preparation of operating/capital budgets.
- Experience with Windows financial reporting systems, Excel and Word.
- Ability to perform analytical reviews and ability to interpret and critique significant financial data relationships.
- Ability to set priorities, follow up and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, writing and communication skills in keeping staff informed, and in communicating results to management.
The work is primarily sedentary. Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, carrying and transport of financial documents. Physical ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work is conducted in a non-smoking office setting with adequate lighting, heating and ventilation. Must agree to maintain a Drug Free work place as a condition of employment with Gila River Farms.
Gila River Farms maintains a drug free workplace