Job Title: Relief Foreman
Salary Range: Depending On Experience
Status: Full Time
The fundamental reason this position exists is to oversee laborer crews engaged in irrigation, tractor driving, and harvesting of citrus and olive trees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises staff engaged in the care of citrus and olive trees.
- Coordinates activities of workers engaged in irrigation and tractor driving
- Pick up workers and take to assigned post
- Drive farm truck
- Line up irrigators and tractor drivers with assigned tasks
- Check on crews through out the shift to ensure tasks are being completed.
- Follow irrigation schedule set by Manager
- Communicate any changes with night irrigation foreman
- Work closely with irrigators and change sets in a timely manner to conserve water.
- Move tins and pipes for next set change
- Regulate water from main canal for all heads running.
- Fill fertilizer tanks on trailers and move to fields when needed.
- Check and regulate fertilizer.
- Prepare timesheets for crew
- Write reports on work-related accidents or reprimands.
- Train irrigators on bikes and tractor drivers on tractors
- Check temperatures in Citrus
- Start up and shut down wind machines
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Materials, methods and skills used in the maintenance of citrus and olive trees including pruning, fertilizing and irrigation.
- Safety practices and procedures
- Operation of A.T.V and motorized farm equipment
- Application and use of herbicides, insecticides and fertilizers
- Hazards of tree maintenance work
- Provide a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others
- Insure safety conditions, equipment and procedures for assigned personnel and to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written materials or instructions provided orally in the English language.
- Work cooperative with other GRF employees.
- Communicate with co-workers by telephone, radio or in a face to face, one-on-one group setting.
- Move heavy objects (50 pounds or more) short distances (less than 20 feet)
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements
- Learn job related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on the job setting.
- Produce written documents in the English language using proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions in the English language.
- Observe or monitor objects or people’s behavior to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Work at heights greater than 10 feet
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Work long hours and weekends.
Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid Arizona driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
Previous experience in the maintenance, cares, and harvest of citrus and olive trees or related experience. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Gila River Farms maintains a drug free workplace