Job Title: Receptionist
Salary Range: Depending On Experience
This position is located on the Gila River Farms and requires you to work 7 days a week 12 hours a day or as needed due to business needs
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Answer telephones, greets public, and give directions as needed.
2. Records and delivers accurate messages.
3. Sort daily mail, stamp daily mail, log daily mail and deliver mail to correct person.
4. Distribute payroll checks as assigned.
5. Weigh trucks and maintains weigh scale log for hay shipments, citrus shipments and olive shipments during harvesting season.
6. Performs data entry and prepares excel spreadsheets for farm products.
7. Takes orders for new and current propane customers, dispatch orders to propane truck drivers and write receipts for propane cash payments. Answers questions from propane customers regarding installations, hours of service, delivery of service, payments, etc. Writes cash receipts and delivers cash receipts to person responsible for preparation of bank deposits that forwards accounts receivable data to accounts receivable processor. Maintains propane correspondence file.
8. Schedules propane delivery service for customers and provides propane manager with delivery schedules every morning
9. Receipts cash sales of hay, propane, and other miscellaneous sales.
10. Drop money in box and make sure correct amount is in the envelope.
11. Types correspondence for the daily operations of the farm.
12. Provides support for office personnel as requested.
13. Assists with processing of NSF checks, with the preparation of sales tax return to Gila River Indian Community and with follow-up on accounts receivable-aging of accounts receivable.
14. Deliver cash receipts to person responsible for preparation of bank deposits that forwards accounts receivable data to accounts receivable processor.
15. Performing other duties as assigned.
16. Track and reconcile customer accounts in the accounting system.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- High School or GED Diploma
- General Knowledge of office procedures
- Ability to type 45 wpm and operate 10 key calculator
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS word, excel and SAP.
- Possess good manners and people skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
The work is primarily sedentary. Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, carrying, and transport of office paperwork. Physical ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS:
Work related contacts include Gila River Farms employees at every level. Outside contacts include general public, vendors of related services, and the customers of Gila River Farms.
The work is conducted in a non-smoking office setting with adequate lighting, heating, and ventilation. Must agree to maintain a Drug Free work place as a condition of employment with Gila River Farms.
- Must agree to maintain a Drug Free work place as a condition of employment with Gila River Farms maintains a drug free workplace