Job Title: Parts/Shop Manager
Salary Range: Depending On Experience
Supervisor: General Manager
This position requires knowledge of inventory management as well as mechanical aptitude. The individual filling this position is required to demonstrate prudent managerial skills. They must possess the ability to communicate instructions, both verbally and in writing. They must possess the ability to manage the shop personnel in a fair manner. They must have the ability to perform multiple tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy. They must have the computer skills necessary for accurate record keeping and inventory control. They must be familiar with policies and procedures involved with procurement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises the operations of service facility or specialized functions.
- Plans, lays out, assigns and supervises the work of mechanics, equipment service workers, and welders.
- Inspects work performed by mechanics, equipment service workers and welders to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Correlates parts orders, maintains and updates parts manuals, and checks daily time sheets and cost accounting data.
- Maintain accurate work records and related documents.
- Writes accurate and complete work reports for management use.
- Resolves operational problems.
- Analyzes bid tabulations, compares bids with specifications to determine lowest and best qualified vendor.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of:
- Methods, materials, equipment and operation of general automotive and mechanical repair shops.
- General techniques, material and practices of trade which are related to automotive and mechanical repair work.
- Operational and maintenance needs of a wide variety of automotive and mechanical equipment.
- Motorized equipment repair, maintenance and testing.
- Cost account principles and their relationship to program budgeting.
- Ability to:
- Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
- Observe employees work performance to determine compliance with prescribed operating standards.
- Interpret and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Work cooperatively with vendors, other GRF employees, and the public.
- Use discretion and tact in resolving problems and dealing with various levels of management, co-workers, customers, and the public.
- Communicate orally with co-workers, customers, and the public in face-to-face one-on-one settings.
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper English sentence construction, punctuation and grammar.
- Work safety without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Enter and retrieve data or information from a terminal, PC or other keyboard device.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must agree to maintain a Drug Free work place as a condition of employment with Gila River Farms.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Five years of skilled experience in maintenance and repair of automotive and mechanical equipment, including two years of supervisory experience. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
The work is conducted in a non-smoking office setting with adequate lighting, heating, and ventilation. Must agree to maintain a Drug Free work place as a condition of employment with Gila River Farms.