Job Title: MECHANIC
Salary Range: Depending On Experience
Status: Full Time
Supervisor: Shop Manager
This position requires knowledge of computer diagnostics and experience repairing diesel and gas engines. Knowledge of fuel injection pumps necessary and experience working on hay harvesting equipment & tractors a plus. This position is responsible for working directly with employees operating motorized field equipment to ensure daily servicing on equipment, light to medium repairs, and keeping accurate records and have own tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates a large truck to service motorized field equipment.
- Daily services to light and heavy motorized field equipment including fueling, lubricating, scheduled oil changes, and light to medium repairs.
- Inspects tires for wear and proper inflation.
- Visually inspects motorized field equipment for mechanical defects and reports findings to appropriate personnel.
- Checks wheel bearings for tightness and greases wheel bearings as needed.
- Keeps and maintains accurate fuel and maintenance records.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and cooperatively and jointly provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Move heavy objects (50 pounds or more).
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time (works under equipment)
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Willingness to keep current with the latest advancements in equipment through technical training.
- Lift arms above shoulder level.
- Climbs or steps to reach objects.
- Understand and follow oral and written instruction in the English language.
- Work cooperatively with other Gila River Farm employees and the public.
- Enter the cab of a vehicle that is 3 ½ feet off the ground
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid Arizona driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Gila River Farms maintains a drug free workplace