Job Title: Irrigator
Salary Range: Depending On Experience
Supervisor: Ranch Foreman/Ranch Manager
The fundamental reason this position exists is to adequately supply crop field a continuous flow of water.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Tends system that irrigates land.
- Lays out pipe along designated rows of crop.
- Moves pipes and tins for starting and changing of completed sets.
- Pick up, carry and place irrigation hoses in designated field rows.
- Siphon water through irrigation hose.
- Change sets in a timely manner to conserve water.
- Performs irrigation start-up supplying a continuous flow of water from irrigation ditches.
- Operates an A.T.V or Gator with trailer.
- Perform safety checks on A.T.V, Gator and trailers.
- Work with fertilizer run in irrigation water.
- Run more than 1 head of water when needed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- The safe operation of A.T.V and Gators
- Performance of safety checks on A.T.V, Gators and trailers
- Ability to pick up and carry irrigation hoses weighing approximately 1 pound each.
- Ability to start and keep a continuous flow of water going.
- Ability to safely operate an A.T.V or Gator.
- Work independently in the performance of regular duties.
- Understand and comply with oral and written instructions in the English language.
- Work cooperatively with other GRF’S employees.
- Ability to walk, stand, carry, lift, bend and stoop repeatedly or continually over time to move pipes and tins.
- Travel across rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces.
- Move objects (50 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Work under hazardous conditions where physical danger exists due to mechanical equipment.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Work long hours and weekends.
- Communicate orally with co-workers in face-to-face one-on-one settings, or using a telephone.
- Performance of other essential and marginal functions as assigned.
- Must agree to maintain a Drug Free work place as a condition of employment with Gila River Farms.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Minimum of three (3) months of experience working in an agriculture environment.
Gila River Farms maintains a drug free workplace