Job Title: General Labor
Salary Range: Depending On Experience
Status: Full Time
Supervisor: Foreman, Manager
This position requires knowledge of computer diagnostics and experience repairing diesel and gas engines. Knowledge of fuel injection pumps necessary and experience working on hay harvesting equipment & tractors a plus. This position is responsible for working directly with employees operating motorized field equipment to ensure daily servicing on equipment, light to medium repairs, and keeping accurate records and have own tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Chop and burn weeds as required
- Operate spray rig with boom.
- Start and shut down wind machines as required.
- Stack full bins of citrus
- Drive tractors with bin trailers during harvest.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Materials, methods and skills used in the maintenance of citrus and olive trees including pruning, fertilizing and irrigation.
- Whole numbers.
- Safety practices and procedures.
- Operation of A.T.V.
- Application and use of herbicides, insecticides and fertilizers.
- Hazards of tree maintenance work.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Use hand tools as required.
- Climbs or descends steps repeatedly or continually over time to enter and exit equipment cabs.
- Work around herbicides, insecticides and fertilizers.
- Travel across rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces.
- Move objects (50 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Work under hazardous conditions where physical danger exists due to mechanical equipment.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Work long hours and weekends.
- Communicate orally with co-workers in face-to-face one-on-one settings, or using a telephone.
- Work cooperative with other GRF employees.
- Understand and carry out oral instructions given for tasks to be performed.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends.
- Work at heights greater than 10 feet.
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time.
Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid Arizona driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Gila River Farms maintains a drug free workplace