Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary Range: $19 – $22 an hour
Status: Full Time
Supervisor: General Manager
The position requires a high level of clerical competence requiring computer skills to complete administrative functions for the Gila River Farm, General Manager, and the Farm Board of Directors, performing a variety of highly responsible, confidential, and complex administrative duties in a proficient and timely manner. The Administrative Assistant will be performing a wide variety of tasks that deal with confidential information.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic budgeting and accounting principles.
- Ability to effectively use computerized data management systems.
- Ability to prepare and monitor a budget; estimate costs; project future expenditures.
- Ability to work independently on major projects.
- Ability to exercise independence and judgment in developing, applying, and following policies, procedures, and precedents.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, schedule, evaluate reports.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze findings, prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a Drug-free workplace
- Coordinate the ordering and storage of appropriate supplies.
- Attend meetings and take minutes for Farm Board Meetings, General Manager, Community Council, Standing Committee, Manager Meeting, and meetings) as delegated by General Manage, Assistant General Manage and the Farm Board.
- Attend meetings that require availability after hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Serve as administrative support for General Manager and Farm Board of Directors; prepare the agendas and assemble background materials; transcribe minutes of meetings no later than two (2) business days before the next scheduled board meeting.
- Maintains and operates computer to input and receive data to provide routine and technical information to Farm Board and Management as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining support files as well as providing reports to Management.
- Coordinates requests for donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a closely related field with a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a management environment to include a minimum of six (6) years administrative experience in a management environment.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS:
Work related contacts include Gila River Farms employees at every level. Outside contacts include general public, vendors of related services, and the customers of Gila River Farms.
- The work is primarily sedentary but may include accompanying Management and the Board to offsite meetings, as well as coordination of meetings between divisions.
- Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, carrying, and transport of office paperwork. Physical ability to lift upto 25 lbs.
The work is conducted in a non-smoking office setting with adequate lighting, heating, and ventilation. Must agree to maintain a Drug Free workplace as a condition of employment with Gila River Farms.